Benefits and financial help

Site Map

Test and Trace Payment Support

How to provide evidence for an existing claim.

Housing Benefit

If you’re on a low income you may be able to get help with your rent

Council Tax Reduction

If you're on a low income, you may be able to get a Council Tax Reduction

Local crisis prevention fund: emergency payments and household goods

Get help if you can't afford the basics like food, gas, electricity and household goods

Household Support Fund

What the household support fund is and how to apply.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit is a new benefit for people of a working age on a low income

Benefit cap

The benefit cap sets a limit on the total amount in benefits that most working age people can get.

Children and family benefits

Child Benefit, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit, Maternity, paternity and adoption benefits, budgeting loans

Older people's benefits

State Retirement Pension, Pension Credit, Funeral Payments

Disabled people's and carers' benefits

Attendance Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, benefits for carers, Disability Living Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Allowance

Jobseekers' and part time workers' benefits

Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Sanctions, Working Tax Credit for people without children, Universal Credit

Sickness benefits

Benefits for people of working age who are ill or disabled.

Help for low paid workers

Universal Credit, Council Tax Reduction, Child Benefit

Help with money and debt problems

Budgeting, how to deal with debt problems, money in an emergency

Welfare Rights and Money Advice Service

Services provided, contact information and training

Get free advice about your consumer rights

How to get free advice from the Citizens Advice consumer service and how to contact them.