Make a building regulations application

Make a building regulations application

There are different types of building regulation applications you can make and you need to decide on the type of application for your planned build, extension or alteration work

Depending on your proposed project, you may also need planning permission.
  • Make a full plans application

    Full plans applications can apply to any type of building work but must always be submitted for works on commercial buildings, schools, shops, offices, railway premises, factories and hotels. You must submit detailed plans and you’ll get a formal decision notice.

  • Submit a building notice

    This type of application is only for smaller projects, like alterations and extensions. You don’t get formal approval like you do with full plans, but we’ll acknowledge your building notice.

  • Make a regularisation application

    If you’ve carried out works without building regulations approval, you can apply for a regularisation certificate. Only work carried out after 11 November 1985 can be approved in this way.