Children and families

Site Map

Support for parents and carers

Contact us if you need support with parenting or you think that your child needs some help from us.

Adoption, fostering and private fostering

How to adopt or foster in Bristol and support for children who are adopted or living in foster care.

Caring for a family or friend’s child

There’s a range of legal options you can consider when looking after a family or friend’s child.

Concerns about a child

If you have any concerns about a child or young person please do not leave it to someone else to deal with.

Children in employment

Children can be employed in certain occupations from 13 to 16 years old.

Social work contact details: children and young people

Contact details if you need to speak to someone about a child who has a social worker.

Complain or comment about children's social care services

You can make a complaint or leave feedback about children's social care services online.

Special educational needs and disabilities

Education, health and care services for children and young people from birth to 25 years old with special educational needs and disabilities

Social care support for children and families

What social care support is, how we assess needs and how we provide help

Bristol's Local Offer for special educational needs and disability

Find information, guidance and resources for families about support we offer for children and young people with special educational needs

Independent inquiry into child sexual abuse

What the independent inquiry into child sexual abuse is, our role in the inquiry, how to contribute to the inquiry.